Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 3

*A Simpler Time*


My Grandpa Sweeten was an amazing guy.  Among his many talents he was a world famous cowboy poet (he was even on the Johny Carson show and would tour with Michael Martin Murphy), and he was an amazing woodworker.  Not just the machine type, but the "by hand" type.  I have a few wooden treasures that he made by hand, and possibly my favorite is my marble rack.  It was a favorite toy, beloved by both my friends and me when I was little.  We would spend hours playing with the little marbles (students) and the big marbles (teachers) chasing down the hallways.  I love that my kids get to experience the same joy I did as a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Legal Mumbo Jumbo

All of the images contained on this website are the sole property of Lazy Daisy Design and can not be copied, reproduced, or used without written permission.

  © Blog Designed byExpressive Style Graphics

Back to TOP